Thursday, June 24, 2021

Be Kind to Yourself

Learn to be non-judgemental with yourself. I do not judge other people, but my goodness do I ever lay down the letter of the law to myself. I feel like I'm being irresponsible by not getting important things done. And I only have three things on my "critical" to do list. My living will, both our wills, and my celebration of life. Of those three things that I feel like I must do, only my celebration of life has been roughly sketched out. However, I am doing more harm than good by being so unyielding with myself and my "to do list".

I am exhausted! How can thinking about what is going on in my brain be SO tiring?? I need a nap!! I am giving myself permission to take a nap!

NON-JUDGING
Learn to be an impartial witness to your experiences. Just observe it, and step back from it.

PATIENCE
Develop the patience to let things unfold in their own time. 

BEGINNERS MIND
Be receptive to new and unique possibilities.

TRUST
Honor your feelings and your intuition, and trust others to help you on your journey.

NON-STRIVING
Meditate. Be yourself. Do not introduce the idea that you are NOT OK right now, only express positive thoughts. Pay attention to what is happening right now.

ACCEPTANCE
See things as they are in the present moment. Do not waste energy in denying and resisting what is already a fact! Accept what is happening this moment.

LETTING-GO
Or letting things be. There are situations that our mind wants to hold on to, and situations that we want to protect ourselves from having. Learn to let things be without holding on or pushing away.